A downloadable Tool for Windows
PSDAnim is a tool to auxiliate the creation of animated sprites and tiled images in Photoshop! You can edit in Photoshop (or any tool that exports PSD files) and view the results instantly (after save the file)! I created it to suit my own needs and speed up my workflow. Also it can be used with GIMP, Clip Studio Paint and Paint Tool SAI!
Installation on Windows
- Download and run the auto-installer.
- A group PSDAnim is created in Start Menu and an icon in your desktop.
Installation on OS X
Create a layer group for each animation frame with the syntax frameName_id. the underline character is required! frameName will be name of the animation. The id is not important. The animation is played using only the layer order. bottom to up!!
For example, we want 2 animations (walk and stand) with 8 and 3 frames:
Open PSDAnim.exe and select the .psd file. You should see this window:
Now every time you save the psd file in photoshop, the window is updated.
v0.3.4 Update: Now display non inline animations. Just add "_offsetInPixels" after the id in the group name (for example: walk_1_12, the frame will be displaced by 12 pixels to left, walk_2_24 by 24 and so on).
In PSDAnim window, select the menu Options -> Export frames. A folder in the psd's folder is created with each frame.
Optional Actions and JSX Scripts
Within PSDAnim installation directory, photoshop actions and JSX scripts are provided to help in some tasks.
- Put the jsx files in "..\Adobe Photoshop CSx\Presets\Scripts"
- Restart photoshop
- Load the action PSDAnim.atn
There are 4 actions:
- This will make the current animation frame visible and will hide all others except the next and previous animation frames. The visibility of the internal layers of each frame (and the background layer, if exists) is unchanged. Also the previous and next layers have the opacity lowered to 33%.
- OnionSkinSelected 2 Frames
- The same of OnionSkinSelected, but with next of next and previous of previous animation frame.
- Hide Others
- Hide all other animation frames (again the visibility of the internal layers of each frame is unchanged). And sets the current frame visible with opacity 100%.
- Create Frame
- Create a new layer group with one blank layer inside. The name of the group is asked, and shows the default value of "frame_id" to reminder the underline character.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.